COVID-19 Special Notes
This is being written on May 30, 2020. As I'm sure we are all aware, the pandemic has changed a lot about life and continues to change things very rapidly. Apologies if this is out of date, we will do our best to update this as needed.
The Governor announced on May 22, 2020 that massage therapy offices can reopen effective June 1, 2020. In an effort to balance the calls from people needing and wanting massage with an awareness that there is no guarantee that the next client coming for a massage is not contagious we are reopening but on a limited basis. There will be several changes and requirements.
We are building in more time for sanitization. Jason has always had 30 minutes between sessions but we are making that even longer. We may reduce back to 30-minutes between sessions if that is found to be enough time but right now we are planning on 45-60 minutes between clients for sanitization and charting.
We are also switching to a hospital grade cleaning product. As much as Simple Green is better for the environment a hospital grade disinfectant is needed to sanitize surfaces. The product used is an antiviral. Apologies to those with chemical sensitivity issues.
As always, if you do not feel well then you should stay home. The cancellation policy remains the same, 24 hours notice but if you are not feeling well or in the case of the COVID-19 virus if you even think you might have been exposed then please cancel your appointment and that cancellation for illness, medical emergencies, or contact with a contagious disease will not be held against you.
The padded chair that clients usually use to sit in when filling out intake forms or while talking about the massage you need today has been switched out. Apologies that the vinyl covered steel folding chair is not as comfortable but it can be sprayed with the hospital grade disinfectant and wiped down while the cloth chair cannot.
Jason will be changing his shirt between clients. Yes, that means more laundry but the state guidance is that massage therapists should be changing their shirts between clients. Jason will also be wearing a cloth mask and will be changing his mask between clients.
If you personally want to wait to come back for massage know that we understand and fully respect your decision. Our biggest concern is that by coming back we are creating a real risk that a client will come for massage who is contagious and we will not know that they, and now we, are exposed until days later when several other clients as well as personal contacts have been exposed. The COVID-19 risk in a massage room is greater than zero and so any client who prefers to wait to come back to massage at a later date is encouraged to do so. Jason remains available by phone to help with self-care ideas to get you through until you feel comfortable coming back to massage. We are also working on online offerings such as distance energy-healings to provide services for people who are remaining safer at home.
Guidance for Clients
What you need to do as a client:
- If you suspect you might have been exposed or do not feel well then please cancel or re-schedule your massage
- Please wear a mask. If you do not have a mask one will be provided for you
- A COVID-19 specific release form will be emailed to you before your massage. Please print, fill-out, and bring with you or fill-out and email back. Likewise, if you are a new client an intake form will be emailed to you, please print, fill-out, and bring with you or fill-out and email back
- Please take your temperature before you come in. If you record a fever please re-schedule your appointment
- Text Jason at 603-706-0963 when you arrive for your massage. Jason will text back when the room is ready and will meet you at the door. Please avoid touching anything that you don't need to touch (bookcases, books, etc).
- You will be asked a series of questions before your massage, please answer honestly:
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem)?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or someone exhibiting cold or flulike symptoms within the last 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19? What type of test did you have? When were you tested? What was the result?
Above all, please stay safe and healthy.
You can pay for services by going to